DISCLAIMER: This is a continuing series detailing the painful story of a DIY render farm build. It is terribly technics and
somewhat frustrating. Those who are unprepared for such “entertainment” are advised to ignore these posts.
I still had major connection problems.
The master seemed to send the job script okay. The slave would get it, or so it would say. But the slave did not seem to pass the info to Lux and did not actually do the work. So I had a master that would cheerfully report that it had sent the job script, a slave that would cheerfully report that the task was done, and an empty /tmp directory.
As it would turn out, there were numerous path failures. But at the time I did not know such things. I thought I would try a Cinema 4D job just to see if it was only Lux that was freaking out… Apparently LuxRender support was fairly new to Dr. Queue (new as of 2011!) so I wondered if that’s what was at issue.
Worse yet, Cinema 4D was supposedly supported but I never saw anywhere in drqman that would allow you to send a script. I wondered what I’d have to do to hack script together from one of the no good Lux jobs.
But the bigger issue is that despite the master and slave agreeing completely that the job was done, neither luxconsole nor regular LuxRender seemed to know the job was there.
I decided I should edit a Lux job to include an echo command on every step so I could see what was happening!