DISCLAIMER: This is a continuing series detailing the painful story of a DIY render farm build. It is terribly technics and
somewhat frustrating. Those who are unprepared for such “entertainment” are advised to ignore these posts.
You may remember that I manually placed the GIMP GTK2 libs in the /opt folder. I found that the deinstalling of MacPorts had not cleared them out of the opt/ directory. I think I have mentioned before that I have forgotten to clear /opt out thoroughly. Thus,
the GTK2 port has failed again! I should probably not try to do this work after 8 hours of teaching when I’m so tired. I pulled the stolen dylibs out of their respective places. I really should have wiped the Cyclops drive thoroughly before reinstalling…
Keep in mind that I do have other things to do with my life, so sometimes all I have time for is to run a command and then lock the door. It’s days later before I can find out what happened. This is good and bad. Bad because it takes so long (and these days there’s no excuse for not being able to VPN your way to a remote machine and see what is happening). But it’s also good because if I could VPN in and check it constantly then this project would eat my life.
With the /opt directory properly clear I issued the same command to build GTK2 and pull the door closed.