DISCLAIMER: This is a continuing series detailing the painful story of a DIY render farm build. It is terribly technics and
somewhat frustrating. Those who are unprepared for such “entertainment” are advised to ignore these posts.
I started from scratch on the slave machine. I put 10.7 back on the hard drive. Then I followed the OSX 10.9 hack instructions one more time – this time making sure I followed ALL the instructions about partitions, which I did not do last time.
The comment sections on the MPF (Mac Post Factor) website kept referring to an eventual installer that’s supposed to make things easier, but there was no such tool yet. The original MLPF was an all-in-one installer that took the drudgery out of trying to patch up the system by hand. If they get a working installer for this it will be kind of a miracle.
I’m at home, so I’m actually doing very little each day on the machine. I set it up, leave it in the background, and go hit “return” here and there. It’s also not very frustrating for that reason.